I work for "buddy boss". You all know that boss. He is very corporate and doesn't really give a crap but he pretends to. Goes out for drinks with the group but really he is just seeing what you'll let slip when you've had a couple. He is still working even though you're not at work. He'll send you an email to chew your ass out and immediately follow it with a note to tell you Happy Birthday because he's not just your "boss" he is your "friend". I really hate that. He used to be a good boss which makes me hate it even more. He'd go out because, like everyone else on the team, he just needed to relax for a bit. He expected you to have your work done but he didn't micromanage and babysit about it. If you had to be gone for a couple hours it was fine because we all knew at crunch time our butts would be in the seats long past going home time.
Last week this boss was actually complaining about my hours (I'm salaried) while at the SAME TIME the supervisor sitting next to him was complaining that I was at work sick... I just looked at them and thought "do they even listen to themselves"? I pointed out to them that what they were both complaining about (granted the supervisor was doing it in good humor) were completely at odds with each other. I told them to talk amongst themselves and come to an agreement on what they wanted, whatever they wanted, but pick ONE and then let me know. In the meantime, I said, I am going back to my desk and getting back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment